Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Bags

I didn't want to do the traditional Easter Basket for my hubbie this year filled with candy goodies. After all, we both don't need the jelly beans or chocolate. He has a long list of items he'd like for his motorcycle and other sports, so I thought I'd get him something that would last...and wouldn't cause him to gain weight.

But, I needed a gift bag to put it in...and since I make cards and bags for others, I thought I'd make a bag for his Easter gift this year.

The gals over at CAS-ual Fridays are having an Easter Challenge with a twist...your project can't be a card. What a perfect time to work on the gift bag.
 
It was very simple and took me less than 30 minutes to put together (although if you know my hubbie, please tell him it took me ALL day-smile). I already had the flowers so I thought I'd use them. I embossed a paper Easter napkin to white cardstock to use as the background. Then I die cut a lime green mat. I placed a doily behind the flowers. A white lacy border with ribbon and a few butterflies finished the bag.
 
And because it's going to my better half...I get to keep the bag to use again. Now that's an Easter gift to myself!
 
Here's a close-up of the flowers. What do you think, my Craft Club gals? Would you like to make one of these bags also? Comment on this blog post and if there's enough interest, I'll hold a special class in April. Not in time to use the bag as an Easter bag this year, but it's a bag you can use anytime, for anything.
 
 
Materials Used:
  White Paper Gift Bag
  Striped Napkin from Dollar Tree
  Purple Ribbon from Dollar Tree
  White, Lime Green, Purple, Yellow, Blue and Pink Cardstock
  Stampin' Up! 5 Fancy Flower Punch
  Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
  EK Success Lacey Border Punch
  Spellbinders Labels Two die & Rose Creations (leaves)
  Studio G Glitter Glue
  Lace Paper Doily
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Pretty bag. Can't believe you used a napkin for that background. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really so clever to use a napkin for your project...and to emboss it! Gorgeous bag! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those flowers! What a great gift bag Heather!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'