Friday, March 8, 2013

Easter Cards

This year I decided to have 4 other couples over on Easter. I'm looking forward to a wonderful time with friends and, hopefully, a delicious meal (it's been awhile since I've cooked for 10 people).

I recently saw a beautiful Easter card by Jessie Rones at
http://canyousayaddictedtostamps.blogspot.com/2013/02/cas-card-set-easter.html
and it inspired me to do Easter Invitations. This was such a simple, easy, clean design. However, if you're reading this and you received one of these invitations, it took me HOURS to do each one LOL

The design is similar to yesterday's card, using the negative die-cut image.


I stamped the egg image using VersaMark ink, sprinkled clear embossing powder and then heat embossed the image. I fussy-cut the image and used puffies to pop it up. 


I stamped the "You're Invited" saying, then rolled the strip to make it appear as if it was blowing in the wind.

I don't have a "grass" die-cut, so I had to improvise using grass-like scissors that I bought years ago. The colored cardstock is glued to the card base and the white top layer is raised using puffies.

I hope you enjoy this card (original design by Jessie Rone). Now, get out there and finish your Easter Cards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'