Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring is in the Air

We've had some beautiful weather lately...of course, living in Florida helps. So with warm weather and Easter right around the corner, I seem to be pulling out the bright colored cardstock more often.

    Ribbon Carousel is sponsoring a challenge this month: Spring is in the Air. You can check it out  here. Since I've been using my "Spring" colors lately, I thought I'd play along.

    Here's what I came up with. I didn't want to use just the ribbon by itself, so I ran a strip of lace on either side. I also created a bow using the lace with a brad to match the flower color. 
    I embossed the cutout behind the flower to give the illusion of stems and leaves. I also watermarked a flower image on the pink cardstock to continue the floral theme.

 
    The flower is a die-cut from Spellbinders. It almost matches one of the flower images in the ribbon (right above Thinking of You). I inked the edges of the petals with a deeper pink to add accent to them. Then I bent and rolled the petals to add some dimension.
 
 
     I love working with bright colors. It puts me in a happy mood for some reason. So, think Spring and make a few bright-colored cards yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'