Saturday, May 25, 2013

Free Is Good

It's been a very busy week around here. I finally got new carpet, but I didn't realize all the work that went into getting ready for new carpet. Three days to move everything (clothing, china and curio cabinet items, etc, etc) and I'm guessing at least a week to put it all back together. I am looking at every item in a new way...do I really need it?
 
Well, imagine my surprise when I finally had time to check emails yesterday...and found that I had indeed received a FREE digital image from Hambo Stamps. I used one of their digi's for a card last week (you can check out my card here). By uploading my card to their blog and sending them an email, they promised to send a new digi the following week. WOW!! Free digi's. Life doesn't get any better than that...unless someone would put my house back in order for me.
 
My goal today was to make one card that met the requirements of three challenges. I won't have time to make any more cards until Tuesday night.
 
 
Here's the finished card. I had so many thoughts on what this image could "say," but I decided on a birthday sentiment. I used Spellbinders Ovals in yellow and Scalloped Ovals in green, then added dimensionals to add depth. I fussy-cut the image after coloring and used dimensionals behind it also. I added the yellow and green "flags" at the bottom with a navy grosgrain ribbon overlay.
 
 
The inside of the card has the finished sentiment as well as the same color theme, the "flags" and ribbon.

 
 Oh, BTW, I love the carpet...I just hate all the work that still needs to be done...guess I'd better put a few more things away.

7 comments:

  1. This is a great card outside and in. You a great job woth all of your challenges - Thanks for joining the Hoedown again this week!!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card!! I love the sentiment(s)!! Hope your house is soon back in order!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout and colors ~ super fun! Thanks for playing along on the Hambo Hoedown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful bday card - great colors. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job!! Love your color scheme and sentiment! Thanks for joining in our Hoedown challenge this week~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Heather, especially the navy and yellow together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so cute! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'