Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Christmas...a Little Early

   I'm still putting things away from the carpet install and recently opened a box that contained...drum roll, please...card making supplies. Now, how that box ever got lost in the first place is beyond me...but at least it is now found and is in its rightful place (my Craft Room).
   Checking out a couple challenge blogs today, I found these two that I really liked:
   Christmas Card Challenges #28: Make a Christmas card that includes Lace
   Creative Card Crew Challenge #38: Make a card that includes metal (stick pin, charm, brads, etc)

   I love stick pins and charms and if you've seen my craft room, you know that I have more lace and ribbon than a normal person probably should have {smile}.

 
   I printed the Merry Christmas sentiment using a freebie font from Creating Keepsakes and colored the M and C with Copics. Then punched out the shape using the Stampin' Up! ornament punch. Tied twine around the top of the ornament and added a jingle bell stick pin to the bow. A bit of Christmas snowflake ribbon and beautiful cotton lace and the card was complete. Here's a close-up of the ornament and stick pin.

 
I carried the ornament-theme to the inside and completed the sentiment as well.

 
   Merry Christmas...hmm, maybe we'll make a Christmas Card at the June 27th class. With temps in the 90's lately, we could use a bit of "cool weather thinking."
 
NOTE TO MY CARD CLASS GALS:  If you haven't submitted your card for the Card Challenge yet, you now have until June 27th (I had to change the date due to personal reasons).  I've received several already and they are all beautiful!!  Here's the link to the sketch and some very basic, simple samples (click here for the sketch).
 

1 comment:

  1. Great card! Love the clean design and your stick pin with the jingle bell. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative card Crew. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'