Sunday, June 23, 2013

It must be Sunday

  I can't believe it's the start of a new week. This year is flying by so fast. Too many things still not crossed off my "to do" list ... oh, why fret about it?  I think I'll just pour myself another coffee and make one more card. Note: Cardmaking to me is like chocolate to others.

   Today, Sunday, also begins my new role as a member of the Christmas Card Challenges Design Team.  The challenge this week is to create a Christmas Card based on an inspirational photo. When I saw the photo (below), the card idea just popped into my head.

 
   The photo reminded me of going to my parents house for the holidays. My parents have a small white fence in their front yard and they hang an evergreen swag on it at Christmas. Since we haven't been able to make the trip north for Christmas the past several years, I got a bit homesick and nostalgic...so I had to create the following card:

 
   Making the fence and the swag took longer than I anticipated. I might have to purchase die-cuts if I plan to make anymore like this.
 
 
   What does the Inspirational Photo say to you? Hop on over to Christmas Card Challenges (click here) and see what the Design Team has created this week (or click on one of the following names to go to their blog directly.  Maybe we'll inspire you to begin working on your handmade Christmas cards...we'd love for you to join us on one of the weekly card challenges. Looking forward to your creations.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Love the picket fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that the photo is a reminder of your parents' home at Christmas. I for one appreciate the attention to detail that you made on your card. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'