Sunday, July 21, 2013

Christmas Card Challenge #34: Snowflakes

   It’s rather hard to think of “snow” when temps have been in the 90’s this past week, but the Christmas Card Challenge this week is “Snowflakes.”  Be sure to stop by and see what the other Design Team Members have created for your inspiration.

   I decided to go with blues and whites for my card. Besides, I had ribbon, ink and cardstock in blue. . . and it all matched perfectly, which isn’t always the case.

 
    The snowflake image is an old one that I had from Holly Berry House. I used a dollar stamp from Joann’s to stamp the snowflake background with VersaMark Watermark Ink. Then heat embossed using clear powder. I wanted the background snowflakes to be subtle so the main image would “pop.” You can see the glimmer of the embossed snowflakes better in the next photo.

    I also added a bit of dimension by popping up the top layer and adding liquid pearls to the blue snowflake.

    And, once again, I finished the inside of the card. I printed another snowflake and trimmed the page to cut off just a bit of it. I added liquid pearls to this image also. The sentiment is from Hero Arts-Wonderful Holiday and I used Stampology Turquoise Ink.  And it’s all matted in the same blue cardstock.
 
   I hope you’ve started making your Christmas cards. If not, why not join us on this challenge and make a card that features “snowflakes.”  Even if you don’t enter it in the challenge, at least you’ll have a Christmas card completed.

I'm entering the above card in the following challenge:
  > Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #25: Techniques (I used heat embossing)

Keep Crafting,

5 comments:

  1. Ooooo, another lovely DT Christmas card Heather. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinning! When I saw this in the group, I had the hardest time not wanting to copy it right now! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas card is beautiful and elegant. I love the white and light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Simple, but really elegant! That blue snowflake is gorgeous. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! The layering looks wonderful and the heat embossing is perfect for the latest CSAYL challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'