Thursday, July 4, 2013

Time for Me

   Tuesday evening I "suggested" to hubby that I'd really like a night of "making cards." He had surgery last week, so I've been busy the past several days working his shift at the golf course and taking care of other items. Needless to say, I haven't had time to "craft just for me."  He readily agreed, since he had several programs on the DVR that he wanted to watch.
 
  So much for making cardS - capital S to show it should have been plural.  I made ONE. But it's for a very special friend who left last week to take care of her mother. I wish I could be there to give her a hug...because she is always there for me. 
 
  Doodle Pantry had a few specials this week (you know me and sales/specials). I bought a wonderful digistamp and digipaper set and got a couple others FREE. They have the coolest stuff (remember the bandaid card--click here to check it out).  The flower and DP are from the Black Eyed Susan set (it's on sale).  The sentiment is from the Vintage Lamppost set (FREE with purchase).

 
The colors and the flower remind me of summer. I used one of the colored digi's, but added some additional coloring with Copics.
 
   
 
The sentiment on the front of the card is perfect. I sponged the edges of the flower circle and the sentiment with Memento New Sprout. I used "grass scissors" to cut the sides of the green strip and added Marigold twine from The Twinery.
 
 
The sentiment on the inside is my own and computer-generated just for my friend. It reads "Wish I could be there for you...But know that you're in my thoughts and prayers." The type font doesn't match exact, but it's close enough.
 
 
I might have finished only one card...but it's for someone very special to me.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
      >>Tuesday Morning Sketches

     >>Sentimental Sundays: Challenge #161 All Things Digital
    
     >>Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger: Scene in Tangerine

     >>Melonheadz Friends: It's A Summer Challenge

and of course >>Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #36: Use a Doodle Pantry Image

Have a wonderful 4th of July...and may God Bless America and you.

10 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the flower and the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you again next week.
    Ellen (SS-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love that bandaid card :) I'm pretty addicted to their sales & specials too! This card is beautiful - love the shading you added to the flower, and you cannot beat that lovely message for your friend! Thanks so much for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautful! I love how you did the inside too. Thanks so much for joining the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 36!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to you and DP. I received my Free Christmas Sentiments Digi pack. Wonderful! Wonderful!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful card for your friend!! I love that Blackeyed Susan!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sunflower and how you added just a bit more color - grat job. I always love it when people add a bit to the inside also. Thanks for joining us at DPDC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the Tuesday Morning sketch and the wonderful Doodle Pantry black-eyed susan flower and papers. Thanks for joining us at the DPDC#36! Lovely card inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card...the sketch, paper and color choices are just such a perfect mix. Thank you for joining us in the July Challenge at Doodle Pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Card!! Thank you for joining us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 36
    Hope to see you next month.
    Hugs Lorianna DPDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'