Sunday, August 25, 2013

Christmas Card Challenges #39-Use Punches

   Another week has come and gone and since it's Sunday, well that means it's time for another challenge. Grab your paper crafting items and join us at Christmas Card Challenges where the theme this week is:  Use Punches.
 
  I have more punches than I probably need, especially since a lot of my punches are duplicates of Spellbinders and Die-namics Dies I have.  However, this challenge was to "Use Punches,” so I put away my dies and ONLY used punches.  Nine (yes, 9) of them to be exact.  I could have used a few more, but I didn’t want the card to appear too busy LOL.
 

All the punches and items I used on this card are listed at the end of this post.
 

I finished the inside of the card also . . . I had a little extra time and I really like how it ties the whole card together.  Besides, the sentiment I used has a 2nd part to it and I wanted to use it.

 

I’m slowly whittling away at my Christmas Cards. By the time Christmas comes, I may have enough ready to send out.  Are you getting your stash of Christmas Cards made also?  Take a peak at what the other Design Team members have created (click here) and maybe one of us will inspire you to make a Christmas Card this week.

Punches used:
  Eyelet Edger - Stampi’ Up! (front and inside)
  Scalloped Edger - Stampin’ Up! (front and inside)
  Scalloped Oval - Stampin’ Up! (inside)
  Oval - Stampin’ Up! (inside)
  Scalloped 3” Circle - EK Success (front and inside)
  2-3/4” Circle - Fiskars (front and inside)
  Christmas Tree Large - EK Success (front)
  For Sale Sign - EK Success (front: punch for Merry Christmas sentiment)
  Large Corner - ? (there’s no name on it)

DSP: Holly Berry Bouquet - Stampin’ Up!
Solid Cardstock, green, brown, red & white: Darice
Sentiment: Petite Pairs - Stampin’ Up!
Pearl Brad - The Paper Studio
Jim Holtz Distress Inks-Barn Door & Peeled Paint
Memento Dye Inks-Bamboo Leaves & Rhubarb Stalk
Studio G Glitter Glue
Satin Ribbon from stash

I'm entering this card in the following Challenge:
   > Craft-Dee Bowz: Anything Goes + Handmade Bow
   > Crafty Hazelnut's Christmast Challenge Extra
   > Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #30: Sweet Photo Inspiration (I used the colors, red & green) from the photo)

Keep Crafting,
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this darling card, Heather! It is so polished and crisp and finished looking! It has been a pleasure visiting your blog today, browsing around, and enjoying your pretty photos. I especially enjoy that your photos are bright and easy to see! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - thanks for sharing for CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'