Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Let's Get Krafty

   Let's Get Krafty . . . that's the theme this week at Crafty Creations Challenges. So, show us your craft projects using kraft colored card, ribbon, felt, etc. Our Sponsor this week is Bunny Zoe Crafts.
 
I decided to keep my card simple (although it definitely was not easy like I thought it would be).


 
The card base and top layer are Kraft cardstock. I added yellow for a little color. And, the best part about making this card ? !  I used two new items I just got in the mail: a stamp and a die.
 
The pattern on the front of the card is a stamp by JustRite Stampers called "Stitched Ribbon Background." I inked it up using VersaMark Watermark Ink, added clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.  I see SO many possibilities with this stamp.
 
The other new item is the flower. It's the Die-namics Hibiscus die I got from mftstamps. I'm not sure the picture does it justice; it's real cute in person (it has vein lines on the flower petals).
 
 
The sentiment stamps are from Stampin' Up-Thoughts & Prayers. The flower stamp is also by Stampin' Up!-Secret Garden and I colored it with Copics and Sharpies.
 
 
Be sure to check out what my fellow Crafty Creations teamies have designed for you this week as they Get Krafty. Click here to check them all out.
 
Note:  If you receive my blog posts via email, I finally have the "Email the Author" option at the bottom of the email working. So, if you don't want to leave a comment on my actual blog web page, then you can click the "Email the Author" option and I will finally get your email. I love hearing from you and you can let me know if there is anything special you'd like me to feature in the future..
 
I'm entering the above card in the following challenges:
  >  Catered Crop: Sentiment-al Recipe Swap Quickfire
  >  Shopping Our Stash: Favorite Stampy Technique (mine is heat embossing my stamps)
  >  Tuesday Throwdown: Anything Goes
  >  Nutcrafters: CAS
 
Keep Crafting,

7 comments:

  1. lovely card - fab flower! Thanks for joining us at Crafty sentiments and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kraft and bright yellow are a terrific combination, Heather! Beautiful get well card -- love that new flower die you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the simplicity. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, meant Tuesday Throwdown, not TSC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple flower. CAS card. Beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing your talents with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week.

    Life is good with kReN@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com
    TTDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. what lovely cards and such clever examples of both embossing and using the same stamp to get totally different looks! thanks for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I love your background! That stamp is fantastic! And you embossed it! Super! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash this week!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'