Sunday, February 9, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #11

It's hard to believe that we're already to week 11. Considering we start after Thanksgiving, that's about right. But the time sure is flying by.
 
This week the Christmas Card Challenge (click here) is a Color Challenge:
Blue and Silver
 
In full disclosure ~ the card I'm posting is actually the third blue and silver card I made. I liked the design of the first one, but the blue I used looked yucky (I think that's a word) in the photo. The second card is very similar to my final card, but I didn't like the way the ribbon/bow looked in the photo. Perhaps I just need to learn how to take better photos {smile}.
 
 
Unfortunately my Card Recipe isn't going to help you much this week. The ribbon is from my stash (2 small pieces that I used up-Yay!!); the stick pin I made over a year ago and the snowflake charm I bought through Ebay. The silver and blue metallic papers I purchased from Clear Bags about 2+ years ago. I cut the ornament using the Cricut Craft Room a month or so ago, but I don't know it's name because it was a freebie for one week-fortunately I cut 3 of them out of the silver metallic cardstock. 
 
Please stop by the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the beautiful creations the other Design Team members created this week.  And, get out your blue and silver papers/embellishments and make a Christmas Card.  You'll be glad you did when November rolls around.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi heather you are welcome to join the candy my friend, am following you on bloglovin.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Heather. Silver and blue are perfect together, aren't they? Lovely stickpin you made, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I love the ornament. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'