Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Crafty Creations: CAS

I struggle with Clean and Simple (CAS) cards ~ although the more I have to do them, the more I like the way they look and enjoy the style (they just don't allow me to use up my scraps/stash).
 
So when I found out the theme for our upcoming challenge at
Crafty Creations was to be CAS . . .
I panicked. Until I decided to use a Stamp and Die Set from Stampin' Up! called Secret Garden. I really love this set and I used the larger flower for my die cut and stamp.
 
 
I embossed the stamp on white cardstock with clear embossing powder. Then I brushed over the area with purple shimmer acrylic paint. My original idea was to have a "wash" effect and just use a single layer. However, after "washing" the cardstock with the purple shimmer paint, I didn't like the way it looked, so I improvised because I really liked the look of the flower, just not as a single layer. 
 
 
 Using another piece of cardstock, I die cut the flower shape. Then I trimmed around the painted flower, leaving a good margin so  you wouldn't see any edges behind the die cut. I did another identical flower image and cut out the center part to add dimension to the flower. I used dimensionals on the die cut piece, raising it above the painted flower; and . . . Wallah!!! Still a CAS card, but with a bit of pizazz.
 
 
Be sure to stop by Crafty Creations to see the other CAS cards created by the other DT members.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I really like how you layered the flower through the popped-up layer. You are right, it adds pizazz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty CAS card with the cut out and layers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'