Monday, June 30, 2014

2nd of Two Posts Today

You may see this post first, but I actually wrote the other one first . . . so without getting into how crazy my month has been . . . why not just get to the card.

This card is for the Monthly Progressive Challenge by From the Heart Stamps (click on the names to go to either the challenge or the store).


 I tweaked the sentiment a bit so it would be more generic (maybe for a guy, child, well, just about anyone really). . . . the original said "Wishing a Super Dad a Super Birthday."  There also was a "You're my Hero" sentiment included in the set. So, I removed the 'a Super Dad' from the first sentiment and added the 'You' from the second sentiment. I love working with digis (if you had actual stamps, you could do the same thing...just ink up what you want and stamp~coloring the stamp with dye ink markers really helps with this process also).


I colored the image with pencils (haven't done that in a while). I found this DP in my stash and thought it went great with the image and sentiment.  


The inside doesn't need any additional sentiment, but I finished it to compliment the front of the card.


Items used:
Image and Sentiment from Super Birdbrain by From the Heart Stamps by Faith
Twine from stash
Cardstock from stash
2-1/2" punch & dimensionals~Stampin/ Up!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Heather !! Love the background DP and your layout.

    Thanks for joining our SOTM June Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWesome! Fun papers and lay out!! Thanks for joining this month's SOTM challenge at From the Heart Stamps!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I think I have that patterned paper in my stash, too. ;) Great card design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'