Sunday, June 22, 2014

It's Time for Christmas Again

Welcome to another Christmas Card Challenge.  This week we have an Inspiration Photo for you.  This is my card . . . 


. . . and this is the inspiration photo. I picked up the gold in the ornaments; the sheerness of the ribbon by using vellum and adding a similar ribbon; and, the red from the package for the mat.  OK, so there's no green in the inspiration photo, but I had to throw that in.


I added a few ornaments to the inside, a little more ribbon and some vellum.  I placed the sentiment on the inside because I thought it cluttered up the front . . . although I think the front still needs "something."


Stop by the Christmas Card Challenges blog this week (click here). We have new DT members and their card samples will give you lots of ideas for cards of your own.


Items:  Sentiment Holiday Notables 1, Notables 1 Die, Elegant Notables 1 Die & Ornament Border Die~Whimsy Stamps;  Leaf Border Punch and Leaf Punch~Martha Stewart; Ribbon & Cardstock from stash.

1 comment:

  1. Love the elegant ornaments on the greenery! And I like that your inspiration is clear, yet the card is your own. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'