Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Cactus

Are your Christmas cards all done and mailed? If not, perhaps this card will inspire you to get them finished. I used paper, a sentiment and a pre-colored digi  from the Christmas Cactus set by Doodle Pantry. I lightened the image and it printed a beautiful bright purple-pink-ish color. I added a bit of Copics to the image just to make it a bit more full-color (sometimes when I lighten a digi, they tend to "fade" out a bit; so using my Copic pens fills in the gaps).


I love this flower set. Several colors to choose from or use the black & white line art to color your own.


I carried the sketch to the inside and left plenty of room to write a short note. 


A bit of green organza ribbon and bow and some matching sequins (thank you Betty . . . they went perfect with the colors in this card) complete the card.


If your cards are all done for this year, then why not get started on a few cards for next year? If you're like me, your "Christmas cardmaking supplies" are probably still out {smile}


Stop by the Doodle Pantry store to see all the wonderful Digital Stamp sets (click on any picture below).  If you create a card (or craft item) using any digital image (not just a DP digi), you can enter it in the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #53~click here. Two lucky winners will each receive a coupon to the Doodle Pantry store.

Christmas Cactus

A freebie with any purchase (until Dec 24)
Milk & Cookies - Dec 1-24 Limited Time FREE w/purchase

2 comments:

  1. Christmas supplies are definitely still out and everywhere. :P I love the colours of your cactus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love the purple and green together. Love how you embellished with the ribbon and the sequins. Great idea to carry the outside sketch inside too. This is an amazing card!
    Hugs, Sarah T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'