Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #3

I think you'll have fun with the Inspirational Photo for this week's Christmas Card Challenge . . . 

Penguin


This card just "fell together."  Sometimes I get lucky like that.


I used a pre-colored digi from Doodle Pantry (Winter Critters) and enhanced the colors a bit with my Copics~you don't have to do this step, but I like to feel I'm contributing to the image {smile}.  Using the .png digi files, I merged the Christmas Tree and the Penguin together, matching up the snowbank in the back so it looked like they were meant to be together. I also flipped the Penguin image so he was facing to the right.


I added some shading to the "snow" with a grey Copic, then added a bit of Crystal glitter glue above the shading. I also added a few "clouds" to the sky to complete the overall look. Oh, and I had to make the star shine with a bit of Glossy Accents.


Please stop by the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see what the other DT member's created this week (or you can click on any of their names below to go directly to their blog). 

Love, love, love the penguin cards.

  Carol    Gail     JoAnn   


And, swing by the Doodle Pantry store to pick up this (click on the picture below) or any other digi set. Remember, if your one of my EU followers, Doodle Pantry images will not be available to you for purchase after December 31, 2014 (due to new EU VAT laws). You may want to shop now !

Winter Critters

7 comments:

  1. love the card, like how you have used your images. Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a super great job on this Heather! That sky is amazing too! Just wanted to say, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You WON the draw for 3 of my digi images!! Contact me here and we can make arrangements: crissy.armstrong@sympatico.ca Sending e-hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, this is so cute! I love this penguin and also the tree. He is so fun! Great layout and love all the layers.
    Hugs, Sarah T

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card came out fantastic. It looks so dimensional. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card. May all your cards just "fall together" in 2015 ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I like the not-quite traditional colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'