Monday, December 1, 2014

December at Doodle Pantry

Laurie at Doodle Pantry has done it again . . . she created so many wonderful sets this month that I had a hard time deciding which one to feature today.



I used the pre-colored digi (I went over it with Copics) and printed two copies. I fussy cut the first digi and cut several berries and one of the leaves from the second digi.


I used my big ball stylus on the "wrong side" to round over the edges a bit. Then added a wee bit of dimensional to add depth.


I used one of the digital papers that comes with this set. I cut an oval out of the paper rather than place an oval burgandy piece over the digi paper. I'm not sure why I've been doing this lately, other than I just like the way it looks in person. Hard to tell the difference in the pictures.  Then I die cut an oval band from green cardstock to add as an accent piece.


I colored a few white pearls with a green Sharpie before I realized that I had green pearls. Oh well...these came out a deeper green than the pre-colored pearls and look a bit better.  


The sentiment is also from this set. The image below shows everything you get with this set, plus you also get black and white line art that you can color yourself. Stop by the Doodle Pantry store to see all the new December releases. Pick up a few while they're on sale. Then stop by the Doodle Pantry blog after 12 noon EST today to join in on the monthly challenge.

Cinnamon & Berries

I'm entering this card in the following Challenge:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges: Holiday Cards

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the dimension of your fussy cut pieces!
    The oval cut in the DP is really neat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card looks fantastic. And your fussy cutting...wowza. I love that you popped up certain pieces of the image too...that really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Heather! What a great layout and fabulous fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is pretty! Your added Copic shading makes these beautiful digis look even better. Great card design, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card with beautiful berries. Thank you so much for sharing some Christmas joy with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, so so pretty! Love all the fussy cutting! That adds so much. Also, love the green pearls. I need to color more pearls to match my cards - I totally forgot about doing that. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs, Sarah T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'