Sunday, February 8, 2015

Christmas Card Challenges # 10

This week our theme at Christmas Card Challenges is:
White on White

My cardmaking mojo has taken a hiatus the past few weeks. It's been a rough year (and it's only 6 weeks in) . . . so many friends and neighbors have passed away, or are in the hospital, or sick. I just don't feel like "crafting."

So, it was hard for me to get inspired for this Challenge . . . "white on white" ??? What could I do?  Then an idea hit me, and I'm actually quite pleased with the final card.


I used a Die-namics Die (Dispersed Dots) to create a stencil for the background dots. Then I spatula'd (is that even a word?) some Aleene's True Snow over my dotted stencil. My intention was for it to look like "falling snow."

The tree was cut from Whimsy Stamps' Tall Timber Die. I dabbed clear glitter on all the branches to give it the appearance of glistening snow.


The wavy snow drift was cut using Die-namics' Wavy Edge Die placed at an angle. OK, I could have cut this free-hand, but I had the Die forever and had never used it, so this was the perfect time to break it in, right? 

I added foam tape (dimensionals) to the back of the dotted piece, the tree and the snow drift to add, well, "dimension" to the card.

The entire card was made out of a white holographic-type cardstock. It has a bit of a shimmer to it also, which I'm not sure shows up in the pictures. Quite fascinating in person.  Oh, I also placed the sentiment on the inside because I didn't want to clutter up the front of the card. 


Stop by the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see what the other Design Team members created this week. Then, join along and show us your "White on White" Christmas cards.



5 comments:

  1. I git when my mojo takes a vacation... it's looking for somewhere warmer! I hope yours returns soon. Not that it seems to matter for this card, it's very classy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Using the die for a stencil was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Heather - makes me want to don coat and mittens and go for a frosty walk! Hope things get better soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'