Sunday, June 21, 2015

Christmas Card Challenges # 29

It's a Photo Challenge this week at Christmas Card Challenges.  I could only looked at the photo once because:
1) I love Candy Canes
2) I love Cookies
3) I love anything minty (and candy canes remind me of mint), and
4) I'm rushing to get all my blog cards/posts done & scheduled before I leave to spend time with my parents...so I'm sitting here hungry and thinking of ~ candy canes and cookies now {smile}


I heat embossed Merry Christmas with a glitter embossing powder. First time I've used it and it looked real nice on my "sample" piece; yes, I actually did a test run before using it on the finished card.  But, I'm not sure I'm real happy with the way it came out on the card.  The EF I used was intended to mimic the stripes in the Candy Cane.  And the Candy Cane image is from Doodle Pantry's Candy Cane Poem set.


Here's the Photo for our Challenge this week. We'd love for you to play along with us; you can use the photo as inspiration, or one of the DT cards (click here) or any Christmas theme ... the only real requirement is that you make a Christmas Card.


Candy Cane Poem

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Heather - I really like the embossed background and the candy cane is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Heather - I really like the embossed background and the candy cane is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes feel that way with embossed sentiments, too — but I think this one is fine! Sparkly and readable. Very festive card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I like that striped embossing folder, gorgeous Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'