Friday, July 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Little Princess

I just love this little dinosaur from the Doodle Pantry Kids Toys Set.  I merged the crown and dinosaur together, printed a "lighter" version, colored it with Copics and added Glossy Accents to the crown jewels, the eyes and white spots.  A little bit of rhinestone bling and ribbon finishes the card.


The inside sentiment is a personal creation. I've included it at the end as a Freebie ~ my gift to you. 

If you save it, please leave me a comment.  If you use it, please link back to my blog (who doesn't love a "shout out" every now and then).  I'd also love to see your creation with this sentiment, so please leave the link to the specific blog post on any of my posts~I realize it may be hard to find this particular post.  


I'm linking this card to Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge (Bright Colors). Now, I realize this may not look bright, but the card base is actually a beautiful bright purple color. One of these days I will learn the secret to photographing purple.


To save the Free Sentiment: click on the image above, then right mouse click to save it to your computer.



Kid Toys



9 comments:

  1. Photographing purple is just about impossible! Mine usually looks either blue or black. This is such an adorable card! I love the purple dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think the photo looks more like a Cornflower Blue than the pretty shade of purple it is.

      Delete
  2. This darling card is helping me get my mojo back. I never thought of lighting it up...wow...thanks. Your card is just darling and I'm loving that purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, we all have days ~ or weeks ~ like that. I'm in a bit of a slump myself; but trying to force myself to be creative.

      Delete
  3. So, are you saying you printed in color, only lighter, then colored over it w/copics? Very interesting - never tried that. Great work - thanks for sharing this with us at Send A Smile 4 Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I print a lot of pre-colored digis that way. It helps to even out the tone/color. It might be because I have a cheap $50 color printer, but I never found my full color printed digis to be as good as the "enhanced" ones.

      Delete
  4. I saw this Totally cute card on SAM4K. New follower.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Love SAS4Kids challenges. They do such a good work.

      Delete
  5. Love the colour combo Heather (purple is murder to photograph!) as well as the glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'