Friday, July 31, 2015

Scrap Box Card

I have 4 scrap boxes full of pieces cut, printed, colored, stamped ... you name it, it's probably in there.  So I decided to make a card using only items from these boxes.  At some point, they either have to get used or get tossed and since I can't bring myself to toss any craft items ... I guess I better get busy using them up.


The blue and white cardstock pieces were already cut to the right size ~ how often does THAT happen, right?  I also found the embossed the brick piece, although I don't remember what I was going to use it for originally.


The digi is from Doodle Pantry ~ Summer Song Birdies.  The pre-colored printed image and sentiment were in my "box."  Once I die-cut the image, I felt I had to add water to the bottom of the picture. Using Copics, I first extended the pylons, then added blue for the water.  The blue was light enough that you can actually see the extended pylons.  So, I'd love to say I planned it that way ... but I didn't.  It looks like a reflection in the water (looks real good in person), which just "happened."

I wrote "Girls..." in white marker pen hoping it would look like graffiti. I guess you never have to worry about me defacing a building, since my attempt at graffiti is nothing spectacular.


Everything on this card were pieces left over from other projects, or projects that never got started. And while I used a lot of "pieces," the boxes are still full.  I guess I'd better get to making a few more cards.


2 comments:

  1. My scraps just never play together quite as nicely as yours do! This makes for an adorable card, and I see nothing wrong with your attempt at graffiti. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but do you have 4 boxes full of scraps? Lots to chose from means a card is in there somewhere.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'