Sunday, August 23, 2015

Christmas Card Challenges #38

I'd like to welcome Pamela Harris and Teri Mosby to my blog. They are recent Bloglovin' subscribers.

The weeks are ticking by and before you know it, your Christmas cards will have to be mailed.  Do you have all of yours done yet?  If not, grab your cardmaking supplies and join the Christmas Card Challenges crew to get at least one more card completed.  After all, this week theme is:

Anything Goes

Due to personal reasons I wasn't able to make a card this week so a friend, Patti Widerman, stepped in for me to create my DT sample card.  I'm blessed to have so many talented friends that will help me out in a pinch ~ and since none of them have their own blog, I'm able to showcase their beautiful work here.


 The card decoration is made from 6 double sided hexagon pieces (Stampin' Up! punch).  How cute is this!


The front is embossed with a snowflake EF and the snowflakes were accented with white gel pen, mini flowers and pearls.


Are you wondering about the "trees" in the background?  These are handmade from cardstock cones that are wrapped with yarn. Since I didn't have any thick yarn, I took 3-4 strands of regular yarn, twisted the strands together and glued it to the cardstock cone.  So fun to make.  If you make your own cones, you can make them any size and they cost next to nothing to make. 
Note: Since the yarn is placed tight to the previous row, you don't see the cardstock pattern/color from the front ... only if you look inside the cone.  So, it's a great way to use up your strange cardstock patterns or colors that you know you'll never use.

Stop by Christmas Card Challenges to see what the other Design Team members created. Then, grab your cardmaking supplies and join along. I love to see what you create.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Patti! Hope all is well with you, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, all is good here at this end of the preserve.

      Delete
  2. Love this fun Christmas card. So pretty and yet simple to make!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'