Sunday, March 6, 2016

Christmas Card Challenges #14

Life has dealt my hubby and me another twist the past few weeks; but I thought I would de-stress by joining my fellow Christmas Card Challenges Design Teamies.  I wanted to get a little creative with a fancy fold card ~ however my original design just wasn't coming together, so I tweaked it and came up with the following card...


...based on the following Color Challenge


I used the peachy-rose, taupe and aqua blue colors in the color palette. The card folds to 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" so it fits in a standard A2 envelope.


The digi-stamp is from Digistamp Boutique (Simply for Christmas) and the sentiment is self-created, which I printed in taupe.  The snowflakes are Whimsy Stamps dies.



Stop by the Christmas Card Challenges site to see what the other DT members created this week.  We love to see your creations, so grab your supplies and join along. Papercrafting really can be a great de-stresser !

I've included the sentiment as a freebie. It's a PNG file with clear background and taupe in color. You're welcome to change the color.  If you use it, all I ask is that you give me credit. Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Heather :) Sorry to hear that you and your hubby are having a rough time right now. Hope things are better soon. Your card is perfect - not sure what your original plan was but I definitely like how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather :) Sorry to hear that you and your hubby are having a rough time right now. Hope things are better soon. Your card is perfect - not sure what your original plan was but I definitely like how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Heather , hope that you are completely de stressed now . Love the card shape and all the beautiful embellishing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, sorry life's thrown you another curveball. Hope a little crafty time was relaxing. What a great design and card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful step card!! I love the image, papers, and colors, and the dies popping up are really neat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'